Monday, September 10, 2012

La Cavaleta




Last night was a fete on the beach with a few friends to enjoy the end of summer and to see the sunset.

  The good thing about a beach picnic is that kids are welcome and have lots of room to play;  you can stay for as long or as little as you like; and you can bring just a few items to make it a successful evening.   Everyone brings a little food and a little tipple and a blanket to sit on and you're off and running.  

You can tell I was having fun when I didn't take out my camera even though I had schlepped it along.  ... so this sunset shot is one I took in Biarritz some years back.   Never waste a good sunset, I say.  



A great idea if you don't have a car and don't feel like walking, is to take a bicycle rickshaw. 
 In this case Monsieur and I found a charming young man asleep in his eco-cab and he took us back three kilometers to the bottom of our street for only 12 euros total ....1,50 euros le km/pers.+ 3 euros de prize en charge.  (What I understand this to mean is that there is a 3 euro charge for his insurance).

  At the end of the ride he said that he knew we were Americans because he can't understand British English when it is spoken!  Ha ... good thing we weren't telling any secrets.    

He calls his service La Cavaleta: 06 20 41 03 38 and he will come pick you up if you call ahead..... which we may do before he fades away with the warm weather.   Come to think of it, I think la Cavaleta is a summer thing... like picnics on the beach.



No comments:

Post a Comment