Friday, May 12, 2017

Zen circle intaglio

 It's spring..... but here in Nice we have been having rain for at least a few minutes most everyday.  So when it is sunny I am basking outside part of the day.... but otherwise I have been spring cleaning my studio and posting on my art blog: artmarympayne.blogspot.com




And as you can see I finally found a way to watermark my photos.  Of course, that doesn't show up on the piece itself although red does look kind of cool with the red Chinese chop. 

If you are in mind for some of my brand of art for your house I am giving my friends and family some smaller pieces that I have created. 

 Send a message if you see something you like and we can meet up and go through my big box of stuff.   Failing that tell me what you like that you have seen on the blog and I will see whether it is daunting or easy to mail art from France.  

One of the last intaglio copper plates that I created was of the zen circle. Take a look.



Chine collie with Japanese fiber paper, Chinese chop



Chine collie with Japanese fiber paper, Chinese characters


plain paper, with Chinese chop and  Chinese character for beauty



Graduated ink rolled on for background and then printed after.




Rolled out ink gradation with Chinese chop and character for Beauty

Chinese chop and background of graduated printers ink




Chinese fiber paper and Chinese chop in red






My Chinese seals or chops were carved by Feng Zhuo onto soapstone.  One says my name in Chinese characters the other says: "pervasive moonlight".  It refers to "home, hearth, the place of one's childhood".  I found this engraver on Etsy site for handmade items....under Chinese seal.   I really enjoy using them. 

No comments:

Post a Comment