Tuesday, September 14, 2021

Back in the Game




 Hello, my faithful readers,

Yesterday, with my up to date French covid pass, I went out to the Apple store at cap3000 to get an appt. to correct various problems.  The Apple store here on the Côte d’Azur, is no longer taking rendezvous over the internet.  It seems that many people have arrived to their appointments with their pcs, even though they were not Macintoshes, and asked for free help from the Apple Geniuses.  So now, the staff grill you in person on what you are seeking, before they grant an appointment. 

One of the questions that I thought they wouldn’t be able to help with , was why I could not access my Google story blog anymore but was put through to my art blog or vice-versa. As you can see i have mixed the content of the two blogs because I couldn’t get onto the one I wanted. But the Apple guy said , yes, they could probably help me with that next Thursday. 

Then today, Tuesday, by some miracle , I am able to get on my story and poetry blog without further ado. 

So let’s catch up a little since the 20 or so months of Covid here in France.  

Monsieur and I have been well and continuing our exercise and mostly eating healthy foods. ( I say mostly, as there are certain trousers that I don't fit into anymore.)    We have both been vaccinated and have been invited to have a booster after 6 months from our last shot.  So that is all good. 

However, I have quit the art school after many years of attendance.  The school had closed for “in person” teaching  and put its classes onto Skype.  With the myriad problems with using Skype and my mediocre French language skills, I felt it was not working for me.  I also was not feeling the need for further instruction and had been attending the last five years because of a good teacher and also,  mostly for social reasons.  I will miss speaking French and my colleagues in that inspiring situation. 

  But I have now transferred my creative side to writing which is a practice I have always loved.  I am writing poetry again, but also have started writing stories from my past…a kind of memoir approach.   I have only three or four readers who I am daring to send my output to, but they have given me incentive to continue.  And it isn’t really about the finished project, it is more about savoring memories, connecting with my family and friends who might remember it better, and trying to improve.  So watch out for some stories here and maybe some more poems. 

I hope you are all well and feeling more secure since the vaccination programs started and life for all of you is feeling stable again. 

 And I hope you will join in with some comments here or in a private mail.  I could  use the human connection these days and I certainly miss the feedback I enjoyed in the past.  In other words, I miss you guys, the messages, yes, but especially the hugging. 

No comments:

Post a Comment