Wednesday, January 22, 2020

Splashing along on blogs and in life





 It so happens that my "iphoto" app. has closed down and I can't yet record the rest of my trip through photos.    Yes, I know, no one really cares but it is a way to record the whole thing in my head and it's a creative thing I do.

 Of course, I am also in the middle of using the photo app. to construct some collages... in my perhaps-last-art class at Villa Thiole.   
  Yes,  I have neglected my friends and my house in favor of doing art projects and I think I need a break after 20 years attending the  local art school.  I perhaps take the whole thing too seriously.

 And I do take my machines...(phone and computers)... for granted while hardly knowing what magic makes the things work.  But I am going to try uploading the next software, "Catalina", which may restore iPhoto.   Yes, I know it is late in the game but I always wait for Apple to iron out the bugs. 

 The bad news is that I will lose "Microsoft Word" which I use a lot for poetry, translations, and printing.    It's not really the expense of the download that worries me but the putting it on this ancient relic weighs-a-ton-macbook pro and on the lightweight little number I hope to buy next month.   Apparently for 99 dollars one buys the rights to two copies of "Microsoft Office" though. 

In the meantime, talking about my New Year's Resolve,  I have managed only to do one bike ride and two yoga sessions at home each week since I bragged about it.   It is so tempting to lie in bed in the winter and not get out there on the bike in the cold. 

  So the resolution of the New Year has changed to "keep the balance" both literally and figuratively.   And it's perhaps a more valuable and more reasonable goal.   I hope you are getting through these cold days in fine form and not feeling guilty about a thing. 

No comments:

Post a Comment