Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Ice Rink for Birds



This is a bird bath in the yard which is used a lot by the merles ( blackbirds) rouges gorges ( robins) tourterelles ( collared doves) , starlings,  coal tits et al.

Now it's an ice rink. (No, that is not a layer of plastic wrap.)  You would have to have some tiny skates and some tinier ankles to avail yourself.   My husband took this picture this morning before I deigned to get up.

 It was even snowing a few flakes last night but not enough to stick.   Next week will be sunny but crisp around 6-8 ( 42-47 F) degrees like the weather in Seattle.   I know my buddy Jeanne in Marbella is grinning at her 17 (63 F) degrees but hey, this is fine as long as it doesn't go on for too long.

  Gâter, spoiled.  They say we are so spoiled for good weather in Nice that none of us goes out on a rainy day.  If we don't have to we just wait until it's sunny.  Well wouldn't you?  

1 comment:

  1. I'm singin' in the rain because my plants, flowering and
    otherwise, needed it.

    ReplyDelete