Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Summons by Robert Francis


Summons
 
Keep me from going to sleep too soon 
Or if I go to sleep too soon 
Come wake me up. Come any hour 
Of night. Come whistling up the road. 
Stomp on the porch. Bang on the door. 
Make me get out of bed and come 
And let you in and light a light. 
Tell me the northern lights are on 
And make me look. Or tell me clouds 
Are doing something to the moon 
They never did before, and show me. 
See that I see. Talk to me till 
I'm half as wide awake as you 
And start to dress wondering why 
I ever went to bed at all. 
Tell me the walking is superb. 
Not only tell me but persuade me. 
You know I'm not too hard persuaded. 

Robert Francis 


4 comments:

  1. I have always loved this poem.

    I am really enjoying your blogs about your travels. Beautiful photos, also.

    Love, Iris

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this poem.

    I liked the pictures of Croatia very much, as well. Thanks.

    Karen Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this poem.

    Joanne

    ReplyDelete